Friday 7 March 2008

Project Review

Final Outcome
Overall I am really pleased with the final outcome. I am glad I changed my idea when I did to get a more adult feel to the brand and the concepts. I feel this works much better for the audience I am working towards. I have submitted a range of animation here and I think it gives a good interpretation of what the channel is about and how it feels just from a few short logo blips and some idents. Also I was quite pleased with the menu screen and how this animated and advertised the programming.

I would have liked to have spent longer on the character animation but this was sacrificed by spending longer on the logo animating which I am very pleased about. If I develop this further I will probably redo the character design and rig to a higher standard that I can animate better.

Time Management
This has been a very difficult project for me in terms of balancing my work placement and freelance work with the uni project. As much as I have enjoyed this project it has been very intensive and I haven't had time to devote myself entirely to the work to get a fully comprehensive outcome. I still feel there is a lot more I could have achieved with this project but I am happy with the point I am at now and it definitely stands me in good stead for the ROA exhibition if I choose to use this concept.

Next term I will have full devotion to my projects and I hope to spend longer on the technical aspects of my work rather than the planning and preparation. I would also like to think more about my animating in future and also my rendering could be something I consider to get a more professional look about my work.

Improvements
Like I have said I would definitely like to spend more time animating and rendering in future. I could have improved the finessing of the character animation to a really high standard but again balancing other commitments did not give me the time to do this. In future I will try to plan more time for the later stages of the technical aspects into my production schedule. Overall though I am pleased with the final outcomes I have and I think the strongest thing about this is the brand I have built which I can develop in the future.

No comments: