Monday 14 January 2008

Pixel Art Research and Inspirations



My initial thoughts about the pixel idea drew me straight to retro games and I thought immediately of using the iconic Space Invader character! I thought this could be a really good icon for the logo that represents the title and the geeky side of animators. The plus side is that retro gaming is more of a culture now and often travels with the more 'Chic Geek' culture of the 21st Century!

Also I considered pixel designs for my character but I think this would be more successful and easier to animate in 3D. I could however incorporate some pixel art designs into my 3D environments to continue some themes.
I also thought that Pacman is another classic retro game I could consider to use as reference and possibly include in the Pixel brand. The pacman and ghosts shapes are very iconic and could work well.

No comments: