Thursday 21 February 2008

COMPLETE IDEA OVERHAUL

Okay. the deal is I thought long and hard about my idea and realised this is not really working as a branding exercise especially with the narrative I have picked which has little substance for the brand although it could work for a short animated piece. But not in terms of idents and blips however. It is too late to abandon my character designs and I have already put lots of work into this to get to where I am now so I will keep him as a part of the animation. In terms of the environment this will change to something more fitting with my audience. Before the character and the props were seeming to look like a kids TV setup rather than something aimed at design students. With this in mind I am going to create a dingy warehouse with flickering lights as the set and the character will keep the same model but will be retextured to look a little scruffier and more student-like.

The narrative will also be changing to fit in with the structure of the branding better and it will also allow me to expand more. Before I felt there was too much emphasis on the character and not the actual brand itself. I have now decided to make the focus on the logo design and the animation of the logo. I have 2 concepts that will be the main focus. I will storyboard both and choose one. One will be the character completing the logo design by fixing in the final pixel in different ways. The 2nd is to have him dropping a box which represents one pixel and the logo growing and expanding from that one pixel into the larger logo design.

Obviously with this in mind I have also reconsidered my logo design and this will be seen in later posts after this. Also the new concepts allow me to have a better graphical content for the menus and blips which will make the packaging as a whole more aesthetically pleasing.

So my new objectives to complete in the next 3 days include (Until 24th Feb): -

Logo Redesign
New storyboards for idents
Rethink blip ideas and potentially menu screens
Model a warehouse environment
Light and texture environment
Model logo in 3D
Animate 1-2 Idents
Re-texture character

Next week I will be working on the following (25th Feb - 2nd Mar): -

Complete all 3D animations for blips, menus and idents
Render out all work towards the end of the week
Start animating up graphics for menus
Begin thinking about AE work that needs to be applied

And the final week will involve (3rd Mar - 7th Mar): -

Bringing 2D AE graphics together with 3D
Final Renders
Burning work to DVD
FINAL SUBMISSION

No comments: