Monday 14 January 2008

CVA 204: Industrial Exercises

This project allows us to work out our own brief and work towards a final outcome of our choice that has constraints and parameters which we have dictated ourselves.

I have chosen to work alone on this brief and have taken into account that I want to work on Rave on Air this year on behalf of the CVA animation course. My main idea is to create and brand a channel for the animation students work to be contained within. My rough idea is to have a finished outcome of a channel brand, along with a series of animated idents and blips. I am thinking that I would like to have one animated character to represent the brand that is in one environment. By doing this I will cover the character animation area and then also the modelling area. I will also have to consider rendering, texturing, editing and graphics for my final product so I will more than cover 2 disciplines for the brief but the end product will cater for Rave on Air as i potentially intend for the end of year exhibition.

This week I will start to work on initial concepts, channel brand ideas and character designs. I will also begin storyboarding and getting together ideas for the individual idents so I am ready to begin modelling and rigging a character by the end of week 2. I will also draw up a production schedule this week for the entire 9 weeks.

THINGS TO DO

PRODUCTION SCHEDULE
IDENT STORYBOARDS
CHANNEL NAME
CHANNEL BRAND AND ETHOS
CHANNEL LOGO
CHARACTER DESIGN
IDEAS FOR GRAPHICS AND TEXT
IDEAS FOR BLIPS AND ADDITIONAL MATERIAL THAT COULD BE BRANDED

No comments: