Wednesday 23 January 2008

Ident Ideas

I have had several ideas about my Pixel idents. The main one I started
with was thinking about my Geek character doing generally 'geeky'
things such as reading comics, playing computer games or making models.
I then thought about this idea more thoroughly and considered having
the Geek character in a plainer environment to emphasise the animation.
Then I started to think about the title of Pixel and how I could
stylise a pixelated animation. However I have already started
developing a 3D model which i think will work well.

My idea now is to have my Geek character in 3D playing computer games. The idents will
then show the computer game to look like a Megadrive style game and the
Geek character in a different game situation. The ident will then cut
back to show a reaction to the game that has been inflicted upon the
character. For example: The Geek will be playing a medieval game where
he fights a dragon, the dragon will scorch him with flames and the 3D
character will then be sitting playing the console but will b still and
'chargrilled' due to the dragon's flames. This will tie the pixel
themes together and then solid 3D animation.

Here are some videos I have found for inspiration for the pixel look: -







Going for a style like this I think will reflect the ethos of my brand whilst still focusing on 2 good styles of animation. Whilst the 3D will be powerful I think this will demonstrate the different styles of animation that can be considered.

No comments: